Our name, Kriemhild Dairy Farms (pronounced CREAM-hild), comes from the name of the original herd of holstein-friesian cattle that were born, raised and registered in the United States, just a few short miles from our Creamery. The herd was raised by Gerrit Smith Miller, grandson of the famous abolitionist, Gerrit Miller in Peterboro, NY. His herd is historically recognized for achieving modern milk production volume from grass grazed cows almost 100 years ago. While our partner farms continue to make improvements thru cross-breeding we recognize the important history of pioneering grass-feeding farmers, and honor the path that was paved to make Central New York the beautiful and viable dairy country it is today.
This is what we believe in:
These are our Values:
- WE are working to constantly improve.
- WE reward the small successes, but stay humble through the big ones.
- WE grow by helping each other.
- WE treat everyone as if they were our biggest customer.
- WE treat everyone equally.
- WE take ownership over ourselves, our work, and our decisions.
- WE learn...we share.
- WE are open, honest, constructive, and positive with each other.
- WE make decisions based on Environmental and Socio-Economic impact as well as profitability.
- WE act to affect positive change within our community and the environment.